Monday, November 1, 2010

My Halloween

On Halloween night I was doing non other than watching tv with my sister. Here’s the thing about living in the country: no one really goes trick or treating. If they do then they hop over to the nearest city where their Costumes will actually be seeing by neighbors. So needless to say, when a knock came on the door and the little innocent voices of “Trick or treat!” were said at the door, my sister and I both stared at each other with “Uhhhh” looks.

We were lazy. We hadn’t picked up any candy.

The doorbell rang.

“I feel horrible!” My sister said. “We’re ignoring children.”

The blinds were down, all but one light was off, maybe they could tell people were inside, but maybe not.

“Trick or treat!”

I crouched down on the couch. It just made me feel better to do that. Not that I could’ve been seeing anyway.

"They don't know we're ignoring them," I said, "We could be busy. You could be in the shower and I could have my ipod in."

I don't think that made her feel any better, but they eventually went away.

Here’s the thing. I once spent Halloween in the city where I was told, “Here’s the candy because children love to come trick or treating.” I thought, oh, that’s cool. But the city went dead early on. Like what the heck. And no one was out trick or treating. Good thing I didn’t schedule my night around that.

So, in all respects, I really wouldn’t have had any reason to believe in a country neighborhood where there are like no kids that we would get the only kids knocking on our door.

So there you have it. My 2010 Halloween. I ignored the pleas of innocent children, asking for a trick or treat.

I did go to my dance party. And I dressed up as a flapper girl. My brother went as the devil. And here we are, posing for the camera.


Leanne

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I suppose at least you got some Halloween action! ;) Nice photo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yes we were bad, and yep, some action is better than no action! Next year I do plan on buying the worlds largest bag of candy...just in case. ;)

    ReplyDelete