Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Is Single Over-Rated?

I got pulled over by a cop the other day. He didn’t like the way I pulled out in front of him. It was just a little too close. Was it illegal? No. Did I actually do anything wrong? No. That classifies the cop as an effing idiot in my mind. I wanted to shoot him then and there. Really? Well, at least his tires. I'd leave the shooting for someone else.

I’m told I might just have issues with authority.

I love being single. I look it as blessed freedom. For example, I spend my Friday nights going to dance parties at my studio and I love that there’s no one to ask if per chance I want to do something different…because I don’t.

To say the least, it would cramp my style. But yesterday someone popped the question, is freedom worth the lack of companionship? I don't know. Despite the fact humans were built for companionship I have doubts my need for it runs very deep. Hence, I’ve chosen my schoolbooks and other things over possible relationships in the past.

I’m still quite infatuated with the possibilities being single can lead to, but I will have to ponder on the other side for a while.  

Nothing beats hanging out with awesome people, and last weekend I had the opportunity to see a symphony in Seattle with these awesome people. I now know that the guy that stands up there waving his stick around actually has a purpose. Thank goodness for musically talented people to explain these things.

My body doesn’t like too much caffeine. It let me know that I was over-stepping my boundaries when I started getting weird muscle cramping in my neck. It also lowers a person’s ability to handle stress, which could lead to depression, which I suppose could lead to suicide. Who would’ve thought.

Leanne

4 comments:

  1. yes Leanne.. thank goodness for musically talented people.. LOL.. gave me a good chuckle..

    ReplyDelete
  2. my motto in life is get everything in check, your finance, your education, your physical health... then prince charming will eventually come along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musically talented people are the best aren't they? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cop just needed a sit down with his ego. :P Glad you didn't get a ticket! And I can see pros and cons with both singleness and being a couple. I suppose it's just which one balances out in the end as more positive! :)

    ReplyDelete