Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's Run Around Naked, Shall We?

My life became easier when I realized it takes two minutes for my bread to turn to toast. That way when you only have seven minutes before you have to run out the door to work you’ll know if you have time to eat a piece of toast or not.

After six years of babysitting various children I have come to the conclusion that there are some things that make kids happy but don’t make others…no duh…but I’ve also discovered that there is one thing that is always bound to make a young child happy. Let them take off their clothes, paint their bodies, and run around naked.

My all time favorite children to babysit, when I was still babysitting, was an adopted Chinese girl and her non-blood brother. It was the little girl who introduced me to this awesome concept of free styling it. It was one of her favorite past times.

Some mother’s only want their children outside for this activity (best time to wave at your neighbors) and some only want their children inside. I don’t think it matters either way. It’s not as messy as it sounds.

Come to think of it, I think we should all paint our bodies and run around naked.

Leanne

P.S. The paint should be able to wash off. Just a suggestion.

5 comments:

  1. After six years of babysitting various children I came to the conclusion that I shall never have any.

    Free-Styling + Potty Training = MISERY. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yes, you've had plenty of experiences with each one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, my goodness Leanne what a brilliant idea. You know, when babysitting sometimes on the rare occasions is not very eventful that is a very good thing to do. Its a good way to get rid of their energy, let them strip, paint themselves, and do several laps around the house!

    Cute blog! Look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh yess!! The adopted Chinese girl! :) She was a character! :D I'd say she was the most enjoyable child to baby sit! Her and her brother! :) I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! It's SOOO CUTE!!! *wink wink* :P haha Good entry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makayla, doing laps is a brilliant idea to go along with it (Some days just can't get any more dull)! And thank you! :)

    Sammy Apple Love: Ah, yes, you know all about her ways! LOL, the person designing the template did an amazing job and put up with all my "wants"...I think she should go into business. P.S. Waiting for more entries on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete